Indulge Yours Senses Greece, Crete-Sitia 2017 (2nd edition)
When?Start time: Tuesday 15:00 (05 September)
End time: Monday 18:00 (11 September)
indulge your senses in Greece, Crete, SITIA
5 September 2017 - 11 September 2017 (with option of 3 days extension)
*** only for those who are seeking a holiday beyond
imagination...the closest place to paradise...***
PACKAGE I: 7 nights - Tuesday 5 to Monday 11 September
Bookings BEFORE 15th of JUNE 2016: £700 per person in single room and £1050 per couple for double/twin room
Bookings AFTER 15th of JUNE 2016: £775 per person in single room and £1150 per couple for double/twin room
PACKAGE II: 10 nights - package I activities plus 3 extra nights for just relaxing
3 EXTRA NIGHTS before and/or after the 5-11 September (Package I dates) for an additional £130 per person in single room or an additional £190 per couple for double/twin room
PROGRAM for 5-11 September
* 7 NIGHTS HOTEL ACCOMMODATION WITH BREAKFAST INCLUDED. The hotel is in between the town centre and the Blue Flag sea with the sandy beach, 5 minutes walk from both & just opposite the marina with direct view.
* BOAT DAY TRIP with a 28 foot motor yacht to Dionysades island group which is part of an environmentally protected area with many rare plants and animals including the falcon, Falco Eleonorae. Stops for snorkelling, swimming, light food & drinks. Weather permitted there will be a tour at the mountain for seeing Falco Eleonorae. (Skipper/guide is a highly trained & very experienced professional with 30 years of experience at the Navy. High standards of safety are followed during the whole activity. English speaking)
* DAY EXCURSION TO A CAVE one of the many in the area with high geological, historical & archaeological interest and breath-taking views of stalagmites/stalactites. Included a traditional meal by the sea (equipment / transportation are included. Guides are highly trained & very experienced professionals, guides of the Naturalist & Mountaineering Club and certified by the Ministry of Education and UNESCO as rapporteur at the Geopark in the area of caves. High standards of safety are followed during the whole activity. English speaking)
* DAY VISIT TO MONI TOPLOU a famous, historically important & stunning Monastery. Guided tour at the historic monastery, visit at the cellars of their delicious wine "Moni Toplou" & the olive press. Local food tasting (transportation also included. English speaking)
* LIVE A DAY LIKE A GREEK. One day visit at a local tavern of a small village close to Sitia to learn how to cook few Greek dishes. Will continue the afternoon by eating the food made in the morning along with other foods while drinking local beverages with the sounds of local music.... and the brave can also dance! (there will be interpreter during the cooking course and (if you wish) we can provide you with handouts in English for using when you will be practicing back home)
* RELAX: in this Idyllic setting you will have the chance to practice Yoga and relaxation suitable to everyone (1 hour) (Qualified Yoga instructor. No previous experience is needed since session will be structured according to each participants needs & level. English speaking).
* DANCE: a night dance event at a bar by the marina....for dancing your socks off! (finger food & 1 drink included)
* TREAT: what cannot be missed during such an amazing adventure in a Greek island is having a meal with fresh fish and other traditional food with the sea under your feet! (Transportation is included)
A. Flights are NOT included
B. We offer an extended package with 3 extra days accommodation spread before or/after the package dates for a better price. This will allow more flexibility when booking flights and also if you wish to have a few days for extra acitivities or just relaxing.
C. The order of activities in the week is not decided yet, we will first arrange the boat trip according to the weather forecast and considering safety first, then we will arrange the rest of activities around it. We can only know when the boat trip will happen the week before and there is always the chance that the weather will not permit us to do it at all during the package week. In this unfortunate case and for putting safety above all we will give you suggestions of alternative activities we can organise instead without any extra cost or with additional cost in some cases. MORE INFORMATION will be provided.
D. All activities are suitable for everyone and do NOT require special skills or training. The participants will take part with their own responsibility and will be asked to sign a DECLARATION FORM before the activities at the CAVE and the BOAT trip.
E. In addition to this basic package we offer a range of extra activities which can be chosen & booked beforehand or while being there.
Some ideas are a visit to a cave with higher level of difficulty that requires short training or a walk at a canyon or other tours-walks with historical, natural, archaeological interest such as following some of the Minoan ancient paths. There might be an additional cost MORE INFORMATION will be provided.
F. Extra activities for DANCERS or participants with interest in dancing & special sessions for fans of Argentine Tango
We can organise dance sessions of Ballroom/Latin and Greek Dancing with professional qualified teachers at the local Dance School with a small additional cost.
For the fans of ARGENTINE TANGO Guillermo & Maria will be available for private lessons. This can be arranged with the teachers and at a convenient time to you during your stay in Sitia. Lessons available for all different levels - Beginners / Intermediate / Advanced
MORE IMFORMATION & BOOKINGS:
Mobile: 07896310720 (Maria - leave a voice mail or text if not answering & we will call you back)
BOOKINGS ARE CONFIRMED WITH THE RECEIPT OF PAYMENT. DISCOUNTED PRICES APPLY FOR PAYMENTS MADE BEFORE 15th OF JUNE.
*Comprehensive information regarding flights to and from Crete: http://www.cretetravel.com/travel_tips/flights-to-and-from-crete
*UK AIRPORTS TO HERAKLION: Cheap charter flights from Newcastle and other UK cities directly to Heraklion, the closest city which accommodates charter flights. Charter flights from UK are mostly on Tuesdays - some UK airports have flights twice or more per week.
Jet2 various days depending on the city you are flying from (East MIdlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle) - good option for those who want to attend just the full week Tango Holiday or the 3 days holidays with extra days to explore Sitia or Heraklion
Thomson on Tuesdays - good option for those who want to attend the 3days Festival and would like to stay in Sitia or Herakion a little longer
Thomas Cook on Tuesdays - good option for those who want to attend just the full week Tango Holiday or the 3 days holidays with extra days to explore Sitia or Heraklion. NOTE: the arrival time to Heraklion is too late to catch the last bus for Sitia so you will need to stay at Heraklion for the first night and travel to Sitia the following morning
Easyjet from London only
Gatwick every day - really flexible option for any combination of Tango Holiday/Festival and sightseeing/non-tango holidays
Luton on Wednesdays - good option for those who want to attend the 3days Festival and would like to stay in Sitia or Herakion a little longer
NOTE: If you are planning to take the bus from Heraklion to Sitia make sure you do not arrive too late because the last bus leaves outside Heraklion airport few minutes before before 19:00. (http://www.sitia.gr/visitor/local-trans/local-trans.html). If you arrive late you have the option of spending the night in a hotel next to Heraklion airport and take the bus to Sitia the following morning www.bookings.com
HERAKLION TO SITIA: it is 3 hours driving and you have the following options
1. Use the public bus - The stop is outside of the airport, there are number of services during the day (every 3 hours) and the coaches are comfortable and with air-conditioning. The fee is around €15 one way and you just buy it in the bus. Last bus to Sitia leaves from the Heraklion airport at 18:50. If you arrive late you have the option of spending the night in a hotel next to Heraklion airport and take the bus to Sitia the following morning www.bookings.com
2. You can hire a car (we can give advice)
3. Depending on the number of people arriving & leaving on the same day we will arrange a van to take you to the hotel and back to the airport (with reasonable fee)
** ALTERNATIVE WAYS to access Sitia are:
Fly to Athens any day of the week and then
1. either get a plane to Sitia with Aegean Airlines and Sky Express. This is a very flexible option due to daily flights to Sitia (some days there are 2 flights). It gives you the possibility of visiting and exploring Athens before or after the Tango Holidays/Festival. NOTE: flights are not every week day but there is a flight eveyr day between the 2 companies, times vary)
2. or get a plane to Heraklion with Aegean Airlines or Sky Express. (There are flights every day with both companies) Then take the bus to Sitia
3. or travel to Heraklion with a Minoan Lines Ferry overnight (or during the day). Then take the bus to Sitia