DreamTrips: History, Culture & Beach Time in Crete, Greece
When?Start time: Thursday 14:00 (02 August)
End time: Monday 12:00 (06 August)
About Your Trip
Crete, a land steeped in Greek mythology and ancient civilizations, enchants locals and visitors alike. Its incomparable countryside of mountains, valleys and lakes is complete with world-class vineyards, inviting oceanside resorts and, of course, captivating culture.
On this DreamTrip, embark on a fascinating tour, where you’ll delve into times gone by at Knossos. Its palace was built in 1900 B.C. as the center of the Minoan world. Now excavated, you can learn all about King Minos and Knossos and the legendary civilization they left behind. Discover the Minotaur’s labyrinth as you reach the Royal Palace to uncover Ariadne’s plight. At Heraklion Archaeological Museum, catch up on Minoan art through the ages, including a snake goddess from the Neolithic period and famous frescos “Ladies in Blue” and “The Parisienne.” Round out your day at the Crete capital of Heraklion and pay a visit to its many intriguing attractions. This seafront city offers one of the best examples in Greece of bastion fortifications built during the late Middle Ages.
From your seaside lodgings at SENTIDO Blue Sea Beach Hotel, take time to simply relax on white sandy beaches and float in the crystalline turquoise waters. No matter what activities you choose to do, be sure to fuel up with breakfast and unwind at night with dinner — all included at the hotel throughout your entire stay!
What we love:
• Crete enjoys approximately 300 days of sunshine each year.
• Constructed in 1900 B.C., the first palace of Knossos was destroyed, possibly by an earthquake, in 1700 B.C. In its place, the second palace was built with the legendary labyrinth-like corridors — in 1375 B.C., it was completed destroyed by fire and abandoned forever.
• According to ancient legend, Crete is the birthplace of the Greek god Zeus, ruler of the gods and the sky.
Your DreamTrip includes 5 days and 4 nights in Stalis, Crete, Greece, as well as:
• Minoan Crete tour; includes transportation. See Additional Information.
• Welcome reception at the hotel’s main bar.
• 4 breakfasts and 4 dinners.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Heraklion International Airport (HER), approximately 17 miles (27 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
SENTIDO Blue Sea Beach Hotel in the resort area of Stalis caters to all ages, from kids to adults. Across the street is a beach for playing in the surf or sunbathing, and within walking distance are many venues for eating, drinking and people-watching. Nearby Aquaworld Aquarium features reptiles and sea life, most of which have been rescued.
• 1 buffet restaurant, 1 a-la-carte restaurant, 1 bar and room service. Please note: Some restaurants at this hotel may have a dress code. Please check the resort website for more information.
• Outdoor pool and heated indoor pool.
• Spa, sauna, steam bath and whirlpool.
• Fitness center.
• Mini Club for kids with pool and playground.
• Pool table and table tennis.
• Watersport activities available.
Garden View Room, Sea View Room or Junior Suite accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 twin beds. Extra sofa bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Furnished balcony or veranda with garden or sea view.
Family Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 twin beds. Extra sofa bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults and 2 children.
• Furnished balcony or veranda with garden view.
All room types include:
• Safe deposit box.
• Complimentary toiletries.
• Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
• Standard guest-room minifridge.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 2 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
SENTIDO Blue Sea Beach Hotel
Stalis, Crete 70007, Greece
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults.
Please note: Beginning January 1, 2018, the Greek Ministry of Tourism will enforce an “Overnight Stay Tax,” a new charge that is applicable to tourists and which must be collected by the hotel upon check-in. This tax is dependent upon the star rating of the hotel and may vary between high and low seasons. This is a government implemented charge beyond the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia™. Payment of this tax is the sole responsibility of the individual tourist; should the policy change, we will inform you and update this information.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
Events around SENTIDO Blue Sea Beach Hotel
Lovestar w. Headhunterz, Brooks + more acts.
Thursday 18:30 (26 July)
Γιόγκα για Γυναικολογικά Θέματα στο Ηράκλειο
Saturday 16:00 (16 June)
HathaYoga Studio, Heraklion
Εκπαίδευση ThetaHealing® DNA Basic|Ηράκλειο Κρήτης
Friday 10:00 (01 June)
Ανοίγματα Ζωής, Heraklion
Creta Summer Jam Vol.4
Saturday 15:00 (09 June)
Πολιτιστικο Συνεδριακο Κεντρο Ηρακλειου, Heraklion
Σεμινάρια στο Ηράκλειο Κρήτης
Saturday 10:00 (26 May)
Atrion Hotel, Heraklion Crete, Heraklion
Χοροσπερίδα στις Αλόιδες!
Wednesday 21:00 (25 July)
Πολιτιστικός Σύλλογος Απανταχού Αλοϊδιανών, Réthimnon