Cupping Therapy: From Ancient to Contemporary Methods
When?Start time: Friday 10:00 (20 October)
End time: Sunday 17:00 (22 October)
21 Hour Certification in Cupping Therapy
Cupping Therapy is an ancient healing art with a history of at least 5000 years.
It has been utilized by many cultures spanning across various continents. It is a simple and effective technique that can be used alone or in combination with massage therapy, physiotherapy, acupuncture and/or moxibustion to enhance the effectiveness of any treatment.
Various methods of cupping are used with the main function to warm and move qi and blood in the channels, thereby increasing blood circulation, stimulating lymph drainage, and alleviating pain associated with muscle sprains and strains, menstruation, headaches, common cold, cough, asthma, digestive problems, and to promote healing.
Goals & Objectives of the Course:
To learn the:
• Fundamental Tools and Techniques of East Asian Cupping Therapy: From Ancient to Contemporary Methods
• Application of Cupping: Clinical use of Glass (Fire) Cups, Plastic Vacuum Pump Cups, and Silicon Cups
• Indications and Contra-indication of Cupping Therapy, and Safety Measures
• Treatment Cupping Patterns used in Common Disorders, Musculoskeletal Pain & Sports Injuries
• Trigger Point Decompression, & Cosmetic (Facial, Abdominal, & Cellulite) Cupping Therapy
21 CEU's - NCCAOM Approved Course
For more information, please contact:
Georgette Young, DAOM, L.Ac., Dipl.O.M. @ 695.108.2223
Seminar will be located within a 10 minute walking distance of the Kiffissia Metro Station